Friday, September 15, 2006

itSMF conference in Salt Lake City


I leave the Philadelphia region Sunday morning headed west to Salt Lake City, Utah for the 6th Annual itSMF conference and expo.
My first thought was wondering if the time away from my current clients would be offset by new insights in IT Service Management practices, tools, etc. My second thought was the excitement of being in a place with professionals from across the country, and around the world, who have the same drive to improve the delivery and support of “daily” IT services for business.
I can’t wait to learn more about ITIL v.3
I’m juiced to talk to others in my field about the nuances of how I’ve been working on the integration of service development into my client’s application development and project management methodologies.
My goal with this blog is stir the IT Service Management idea pot. I’ll talk about some of the challenges I’ve seen, present a few scenarios that have positive outcomes and shine a light on some that didn’t go as planned. If a thread sparks you to view a challenge from a different vantage point, let us all know what changed.
I do have a few rules, well, guidelines really…
Remain “vendor” neutral – We don’t want this to turn into spam. If you have a product you think we should all check out, let us know the link so we can follow-up on our own.
If you’re describing a delivery/development or other scenario, leave the client/company name out. Mentioning the type of business is helpful, but no names. We’re here to share and learn, not trash/bash.
Contribute when you can. We are all busy – Family, Friends, not to mention work. I hope to add content, respond to posts, etc. at least weekly – my goal is twice a week (we’ll see how I do).
Last in the list, but first on my mind… Have fun. Sounds a little out of place when talking about IT Service Management, but I really like what I do.

Hope to see you next week in Salt Lake City at itSMF.

Ron P.

1 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Cheryl W said...

I can't wait to hear about the conference when you return.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home